Calling all collectors, gearing up the geeks, pumping up the pop-culture lovers… the time has come for the 2020 edition of Middle East Film & Comic Con. Tickets to the region’s biggest pop culture convention are now on sale, with a new family option available which will provide four visitors an awesome day out experience for the price of three.
Now in its ninth edition, Comic Con runs for three jam packed days, Thursday 5 to Saturday 7 March at DWTC, and attracts more than 45,000 fans from seriously diverse backgrounds.
This year, the format has been revamped giving you a bigger and better experience, including a theatre now dedicated to movies – with advanced previews and exclusives, a fully loaded festival arena, all new brands on the show floor and workshops now central to the show floor, not to mention the artists and celebrities.
Check out the exclusive Gold VIP tickets which are now available online for AED 2,500 and provide true fans the opportunity to meet all the celebrities along with a private experience, entry to the Golden Circle at the mainstage, front row and priority entry to all screenings and a swag bag full of exclusives and MEFCC goodies.
There are also a number of ticket options that should fit every pocket/budget. For the first time, they have added a family ticket which gives visitors four for the price of three, catering to families. For students, they have tickets priced at AED90 including special group rates through school and university bookings.
This year, if you are into pop-culture you'll get to check out a wide range of exhibitors on the show floor including:
- Speedy Comics: Also the “Meet the Stars” Sponsor, they debuted at MEFCC last year and showcased exclusive vintage comic books and limited edition figurines, as well as bringing international artists, Bob Layton - Iron Man, Ant Man, Valiant Comics, David Angelo Roman - Rick and Morty cover artist and Warren Louw - Comic and Graphic Artist who will also be running workshops for fans Speedy Comics were one of the most successful exhibitors of 2019 and will be looking to build upon last year’s success.
- Manga Productions: The “Theatre Sponsor” for 2020, the Saudi-based Anime producer will be screening two exclusive, original pieces of Anime content at this year’s event. A real treat for Anime aficionados.
- Tsume: Exhibiting for the second time with Pop Culture icons “The Little Things”, Tsume are back with an extensive new collection of Anime figures from the biggest brands in the industry, as well as a veteran Anime guest who will be announced soon.
- Tatsumaki Studios: Making their first Middle East appearance, Tatsumaki Studios are set to bring a large collection of Anime figures to MEFCC, including MEFCC exclusive items.
- Crunchyroll: Calling out to all Otakus in Dubai. Crunchyroll, an Anime favourite known for its worldwide streaming and coverage of Anime, will be screening an exclusive release before it hits theatres in Japan, as well exhibiting new products from the world of Anime.
- Otaku ME: Local powerhouse and Gunpla model specialist, Otaku ME, is bringing a mini 4WD racetrack and Gunpla building stations for anime and robot hobbyists.
- Funko: The international figure specialists will be back again at this year’s MEFCC with another line up of MEFCC Exclusive Funko Pops.
This year, tickets are available both online and onsite, but fans are being encouraged to purchase tickets online to hit up some great discounts. You can get up to 30% off if you buy online versus at the door during the event.
There are several categories to choose from, for more information on MEFCC and tickets please visit www.mefcc.com. To purchase your tickets online, please visit https://dubai.platinumlist.net/ or https://tickets.virginmegastore.me/. or visit any Virgin Megastore branch located in the UAE.